Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Crockpot Stuffed Peppers

* Healthy * Low Carb * Weekend Wonder *


I love stuffed peppers and I love my crockpot. This recipe is a match made in heaven as far as I’m concerned! Not to mention crazy healthy and delicious!

I’m linking you to the original recipe, but I will tell you to play with it. No, don’t toss it a ball – I mean try different meats and seasoning. I read reviews that the original recipe was a little bland, so I omitted the Worcestershire sauce and added ½ a packet of Fajita Seasoning. Try other seasoning blends (try ground chicken with McCormick’s Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning Mix or ground pork with rib spices). And cook them for 5 hours on high in your crockpot – then you can pull the skins right off and the peppers are like butter.

I am planning to roast a ton of peppers this way because the skins come RIGHT OFF and that’s the part I hate most about roasting peppers!




No comments:

Post a Comment